CALLING ALL WARRIORS, DANZANTES AND ACTIVIST MEDICINE PEOPLES:
On Monday, December 15 Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson will be visiting and conducting a press conference at the private family prison in Dilley, Texas, falsely named the “South Texas Family Residential Center.”
WHEN: Monday, December 15, 2014 @ 9 a.m.
WHERE: “South Texas Family Residential Center” 1925 Texas 85, Dilley, TX 78017, USA
Indigenous women and children who arrived seeking refuge are being systematically imprisoned and abused in these prisons (aka “family residential centers.”)
We are asking for the support of all indigenous communities to be present at the protest on Monday with signs, offering songs and dances in the spirit of resistance and solidarity. We expect to make national headlines.
The majority of these women and children are indigenous and do not speak any European language – English nor Spanish – and are being systematically targeted.
This is part of a national trend criminalizing people fleeing US-backed war in Latin America by placing indigenous women and children in concentration camps upon arrival. Once at these prisons they are being forced into federally-backed, corporate-run slavery as well as all ages being physically, emotionally and sexually abused. Some media outlets have covered the issue in the past.
THIS IS WHAT WE KNOW:
1. Starting Monday they will be bringing women and children in in groups of 400, most of them coming from Artesia, New Mexico, a detention center closing soon. Homeland Security and CCA (the private prison corporation) are using Monday as their big PR stunt to talk about how great this is.
2. CCA is planning on filling the prison with 2,400 people ASAP because their federal contract requires it. The federal plan is for the Dilley site to be the biggest family prison in the U.S.
3. They are closing the family prison in Artesia, New Mexico and have moved most of them to the Karnes site with the plan to get more to Dilley starting Monday.
4. They are mostly indigenous, mostly Mayan and there is solid evidence to prove that there are SYSTEMIC human rights violations against women, children and very SPECIFICALLY against indgienous language speakers.
5. Homeland Security Sectretary Johnson is visiting Dilley as part of a two day trip. THE VERY NEXT DAY he is set to meet with Enrique Pena Nieto and Secretary Chong from Mexico(…any coincidence?)
6. This is the CCA PR-focused website for the facility: http://
7. There have been numerous reports by detained women and children about mass chemical exposure and being put into “freezers.”
CON TODO CORAZON I THANK EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU WARRIORS. WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT ON THE GROUND AND STRONG PRAYERS CALLING OUR WARRIOR ANCESTORS.
This situation is both a question of solidarity with the indigenous folks inside AND resistance to this happening on our territory. This has gone on for 500 years too long!
Additoinal details on this crisis are available at www.EndFamilyDetention.com
GOOGLE MAPS: https://www.google.com/